Newer Tech MaxPower G3 400MHz w/1024k cache 2:1 and LinuxPPC w/ 2.2.6 Kernel...

ian geiser geiseri at msoe.edu
Wed Jun 23 02:28:14 EST 1999

Greetings,

    I have just purchased a Newer Tech MaxPower G3 400MHz w/1024k cache
2:1 from
    <plug>www.macsales.com</plug> and I am wondering if anyone has had
any problems
    with it under LinuxPPC.  I have not had any problems with it under
MacOS but someone
    told me that the backside cache would not work under LinxuPPC even
with BootX.

    Are there any problems I will run into with the G3 under the 2.2.6
kernel or any of the programs.

    I am hopeing to put this in one of our servers.  We use it for some
C++ development, Appletalk Services
    DNS and firewall.  A 400MHz G3 would really take the box and send it
into orbit if it works.

    Thanks in advance.

    -ian reinhart geiser