rsync kernel compile fails

Tom Rini tmrini at ntplx.net
Fri Jun 4 05:23:46 EST 1999

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> I have a 2.3.4 kernel working but without USB.  I plan to work on
> getting the new USB stuff working on the iMac soon.  But in the
> meantime maybe I need to get a recent 2.2.x kernel working with the
> old UUSBD stack.  What I might do actually is kludge the USB keyboard
> driver to convert all the keycodes to ADB keycodes, instead of
> continuing with the multi-keyboard patch.

It's actually not too hard to do.  (I did it to a vger tree for a while).
Just gotta backport the keyboard changes from 2.2.8 (or was it 7 when usb
went in?) and then fix a few problems that will no doubt show up w/ the
multikeyboard patch.  It'll work, and should be good enough until one of
the OHCI drivers in the new USB stack works w/ ppc (tho I suspect it might
be a bit of a pain, w/ the kernel_thread link problem, or whatever it
was...)

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/