G3 Upgrade Questions....

David DeHaven daved at trestle.com
Fri Jul 30 00:11:15 EST 1999

>	i have a powercenter 132, is it feasable that the
>	motherboard can only run a 200MHz CPU or is the
>	card being set to half speed some how?
>
>	under MacOS it says it is at 400 and when i run
>	MacBench i get the numbers a little lower than
>	what the box says ( like 25 points low ).
>
>	under LinuxPPC my setiat home client takes almost
>	24h to process a block while my P][ 400 takes
>	only 10 hours....
>
>	is this the client?
>	am i really running half as fast?
>
>	should i send this bugger back and just get
>	a 200Mhz one because that is all my board can
>	do?
>
>	thanks for the input all.

ian,

Go to http://www.newertech.com, click on the "Downloads" button on the
left side, click on "Guage Utilities" and download "Clockometer". This
will give you an accurate measurement of your CPU's clock. You can also
try "Cache-22" to see if your L2 cache is really being enabled. If it
shows up at 400MHz, then it's working properly.

-DrD-