usb mouse in 2.2.10

Robert E. Brose II bob at jriver.com
Thu Jul 29 07:24:15 EST 1999

User Paul Mackerras says:
> Robert Brose <bob at jriver.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) The keyboard response is somewhat odd. If I type "cd /anything" at the
> > prompt, it fairly
> > regularly does cdcd /anything on the echo. It's hard to pin down because it
>
> This is a problem in the USB keyboard driver, where it doesn't handle
> the `key rollover error' keycode correctly.  The iMac keyboard gives
> this keycode if you press more than 2 keys (other than modifiers) at
> once.

Aha, I am definitely a N-Key rollover person!

> > If I cat /dev/mouse and move it I get moving lines of junk as I would expect.
> > The bus mouse
> > protocol looks suspicious but it works in 2.2.5 and I haven't found anything to
> > replace it with
> > yet.
>
> Use "IMPS/2" (or "imps2" for gpm).

Works well but if I pick up a window and move it around quickly a lot I
can make the mouse cursor go bye-bye.

Bob

--
|   Robert E. Brose II         (N0QBJ)          | J. River, Inc.         |
|      WWW:   http://www.jriver.com/~bob/       | 125 North First Street |