kernel args for video mode..

Tom Rini trini at disparity.net
Sun Jul 4 10:34:16 EST 1999

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Velasquez, Carlos wrote:

> Here is a weird thing: It worked well for a few times, then I went back to
> the default by checking the "No Video Drivers" option to do some fiddling
> around. When I decided to stay with the kernel arguments, the screen boots
> up somewhat hazy and light, and the Linux Penguin's colors are all different
> shades of grey. Any ideas on what is happening?

No Video Driver and some video= arg?  If the colors aren't right, some
setting for video isn't quite right.  (Some ati cards seem to need a
different mclk).

> I can't find the command fbset at all. Linux reports back that it is an
> unknown command. Is it in an  RPM I forgot to install? Where can I download
> it from?

It might not be installed by default, but it's on the cd (fbset-????)

> P.S. I looked at the macmodes.h file and I noticed that the cmode settings
> for 8/16/32 bit depth was #DEFINED as 0/1/2 respectively. Should I be using
> these values instead of 8, 16, or 32 like so:?

Last I knew either worked...

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/