kernel args for video mode..

Velasquez, Carlos carlos.velasquez at ssmb.com
Sat Jul 3 00:45:41 EST 1999

Tom (and everyone else),

Thanks for the help, it worked!
Here is a weird thing: It worked well for a few times, then I went back to
the default by checking the "No Video Drivers" option to do some fiddling
around. When I decided to stay with the kernel arguments, the screen boots
up somewhat hazy and light, and the Linux Penguin's colors are all different
shades of grey. Any ideas on what is happening?

I can't find the command fbset at all. Linux reports back that it is an
unknown command. Is it in an  RPM I forgot to install? Where can I download
it from?

Carlos

P.S. I looked at the macmodes.h file and I noticed that the cmode settings
for 8/16/32 bit depth was #DEFINED as 0/1/2 respectively. Should I be using
these values instead of 8, 16, or 32 like so:?

video=imsttfb:video:16,cmode:2

C.F. Velasquez
Asst. Vice President
Global Database and Technology Division