cc/gcc/egcs kernel compilation options?

Anirudh Joshi ajoshi at Glue.umd.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:05:22 EST 1999

	we use -msoft-float (notably for kernel builds) becuase the kernel
has problems with fpu ops and things go crazy, build without -msoft-float
and you'll find out :)
	i'm not sure if -mcpu=60X will do much good for kernel builds,
but for most others it should be fine, all it does is add a bunch of
'good' optimizations suggested.

ani