LinuxPPC R5 on PowerBook Series 1999

Charles A. Jolley charles.jolley at zeratec.com
Thu Jul 1 02:32:50 EST 1999

----------
>From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40 at calva.net>
>Date: Wed, Jun 30, 1999, 11:11 AM
>

> Did you try with the "no video driver" option ?

In fact, I tried it with both "no video driver" option checked and
unchecked.

> This may also be a backlight problem, Apple love changing the way the
> backlight is controlled from one model to the other. You can try
> commenting out the backlight control functions in drivers/macintosh/via-pmu.c.

Ah-ha...this would make sense...it is consistent with the behavior I'm
seeing.  I need to get R5 setup on my other machine here before I can
recompile the kernel without the backlight functions and try it again so it
may be a week or so before I can do this...maybe I can try it this
weekend...

-Charles