Booting 2.2.0-pre6 on a PowerStack-II (Net 4000/200)

Gary Thomas gdt at linuxppc.org
Thu Jan 21 02:21:36 EST 1999

On 20-Jan-99 Johnnie Peters wrote:

> I will volunteer to try the patches on:
>
> Blackhawk
> Comet
> Utah
> Mequite
> MTX
> VME2600/2700/3600
>
> just as soon as they are available.

I have put up all my patches against 2.2.0p7 at:
  ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/gary/diffs-2.2.0p7-Jan20
These are diffs against the virgin 2.2.0-pre7.

This includes the changes to fix boot problems on my Utah box,
as well as the changes to get the PS/2 mouse working again.

I also did some restructuring of the PPC main configuration menu
so that Pmac questions are ignored if you aren't configuring for
a PowerMac.  I also added a configuration option to set the default
kernel boot line, passed to the bootstrap code.

Note: I have had persistent problems with the cache test in the
NCR driver.  It seems to work fine if I just ignore it, so I also
left it that way.  I also had to "tone down" the driver a lot,
the default of WIDE+20Mhz just doesn't cut it on my drives :-)

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |