scsi hangs [drow at cs.cmu.edu: Re: CD-writers] (fwd)

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at msoe.edu
Tue Jan 19 14:25:34 EST 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Midgley <brad at pht.com>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false.org>
Cc: Paul.Mackerras at cs.anu.edu.au <Paul.Mackerras at cs.anu.edu.au>;
linuxppc-dev at lists.linuxppc.org <linuxppc-dev at lists.linuxppc.org>
Date: Monday, January 18, 1999 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: scsi hangs [drow at cs.cmu.edu: Re: CD-writers] (fwd)

    ---SNIP---
>Now lets discussw why a buffer underrun may occur:
>
>1) Disabled disconnect/reconnect on the SCSI bus

    okay...
    how do we deal with this?
    i can burn under MacOS but as i played with it more
    and more i found that under Linux that the SCSI bus
    was timeing out.

    i am running 2.1.35 with the memory patched....

    is there a patch rev that fixes the disconnect/reconnect?

    thanks for the help, i can feel that we are getting closer.
    at least people have confirmed what i have found.

    -ian reinhart geiser