AtyFB problem solved -> should go into a FAQ or something

Jon Howell jonh at cs.dartmouth.edu
Fri Jan 15 04:12:51 EST 1999

> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:20:21 +0100
> Subject: AtyFB problem solved -> should go into a FAQ or something

So it's been a while since I've given the faqomatic sales pitch. :v)
(This is addressed to the whole community, not the original author
above.)

A couple years ago, I had an answer to a ppp question that I
thought "should go into a FAQ or something." But I was too lazy to start
a FAQ, or even to track down the maintainer of a FAQ. So, instead, I
wrote the faqomatic, so that everybody who comes up with an answer
that "should go into a FAQ or something" can just stuff the answer
in there and forget about it.*

If you've used the linux/powerpc faqomatic, maybe you didn't notice,
but you can add new answers. Find an appropriate category, click [Show
Edit Commands], click [New Answer] at the top of the page. If you
haven't used it before, you will need to create a password (to verify
that your email address is real); then it will ask you for the question
and its answer.

Thanks to all who have contributed to the faqomatic. If everybody puts
in one or two answers, then all of us get to be lazy. :v)

	--Jon

* There are also moderators who watch over various categories in the
FAQ, and make some effort to see that they stay organized. This is much
less effort than a typical FAQ, since you don't have to actually *add*
any answers. If you are interested in moderating a category of the FAQ,
just ask the moderator of the next section up (turn on "show moderator"
in the Appearance page), or ask me.

 Jon Howell  jonh at cs.dartmouth.edu     finger jonh at cs.dartmouth.edu | pgp -kaf
 http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~jonh     170AE827  ADAB6559  9C2E3DB3  37BD72EC