Porting to NuBus PowerMacs

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Thu Jan 14 22:12:21 EST 1999

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999, a sun <asun at saul9.u.washington.edu> wrote:

>so, ben, i guess i'll also need memory addresses/sizes as well. after
>perusing the m68k code, i think that's the only thing that i forgot to
>tell you about. this will essentially make bootx report essentially
>the same information as the m68k boot loader.

I'll download this bootloader and see what it does. I don't know exactly
how to get this memory map yet, it would be great if David could manage
to find the info ...

>well, my "oh so clever plan" is actually to use the gestalt
>information to mock up something that i pass to the m68k interrupt
>routines. presto! no more uglification of irq.c. given the
>similarities between the apus stuff and the nubus powermac stuff, i'm
>actually turning the nubus powermacs into a variant of apus for now. a
>lot of my fiddling actually ends up making some minor changes to the
>m68k code and calling that instead.
>
>for now, i'm conveniently ignoring the dma stuff, but it looks like
>modifying the mac68k devices will actually prove to be more useful
>than dealing with the the standard pci powermac stuff.

I think so too. And PCI powermac is still evolving, it would be more
difficult to take care of not breaking the NuBus support during evolutions.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>