Porting to NuBus PowerMacs

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Thu Jan 14 13:12:35 EST 1999

> well, my "oh so clever plan" is actually to use the gestalt
> information to mock up something that i pass to the m68k interrupt
> routines. presto! no more uglification of irq.c. given the
> similarities between the apus stuff and the nubus powermac stuff, i'm
> actually turning the nubus powermacs into a variant of apus for now. a
> lot of my fiddling actually ends up making some minor changes to the
> m68k code and calling that instead.

Cort is in the process of rewriting irq.c, and I have a (somewhat large)
patch based on Corey Minyard's work which redid irq.c and most all the
machine dependant functions. You might want to take a look at this, since
I suspect it might make help reduce the 'uglification'.

it's at

ftp://ftp.microux.com/pub/linux/linuxppc-rework-troy-2.patch.gz

Btw, I have a 7100/80 I'd like to try this on if you ever get it working
;)