Apple's cdrom driver & non Apple CDROM drives

Alexandre MARTINS MELO martins1 at col.bsf.alcatel.fr
Thu Jan 14 02:00:22 EST 1999

Hi,

does anybody know what CDROM drive models & constructors are supported
by the apple
cdrom driver ?
I have a PM7200/75 and a Nec CDR222. Since I formatted my HD in HFS+,
the
cdrom driver seems to have problems with its cache file. It works, but
very, very slowly.

With LinuxPPC, there's no problem, but I would like to play a bit with
Lara Croft...

Thanks,
--
Alex