AtyFB problem solved -> should go into a FAQ or something

Jens Ch. Restemeier jenschrr at post.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jan 13 19:20:21 EST 1999

Hi !

I solved my problems with atyfb (I hope): The cause for the blank/black
screen was not the driver, but the protection-mechanisms of the monitor
!

My 5500 has a built-in monitor, and I'm normally running vmode 13.
My "normal" boot looked like:

video=ofonly vmode=13

for atyfb I did

video=atyfb vmode=13

It looks like the vmode stuff has changed, because after writing

video=atyfb:vmode:13

it works !

Jens