MBX860: How to boot with initrd ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 11 09:29:07 EST 1999

In message <36986420.3281E1A4 at wanadoo.fr> you write:

> If you use egcs-1.1.1 from the rpms in Gary Thomas' directory on
> linuxppc.org, the kernel should build OK (C++ is a different story...).
> I also had problems with recent egcs versions:

You mean ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/gary/redhat/RPMS/ppc/egcs*-1.1*ppc.rpm ?

They don't work for me - same result: no problems during compilation,
but the kernel hangs.

So far the only reliably working version of EGCS for me is the one in
linuxppc-R4 :-(

> I wrote about this to egcs-bugs and to this list, but there was no
> answer except one from Franz Sirl saying that he sees these errors, too.

Do you know if anybody takes care of this problem at all? [Especially
the missing availability of a cross development environment bites  my
quite hard.]

Wolfgang

Phone:  (+49)-89-95720-110   Fax: (+49)-89-95720-112   wd at denx.muc.de
Office: (+49)-89-722-27328               Wolfgang.Denk at ICN.Siemens.DE
Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected.
	-- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5