2.2.0pre5 controlfb problems

Tom Kennedy tomkenn at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 9 09:29:59 EST 1999

Since 2.2.0 pre series the console on my 8500 has been causing
problems.

1.  Scrolling is very slow, and is jerky
2. The left margin reset itself 10-15 characters to the right and the
cursor
     scrolls off the bottom of the screen.
3. Swapping virtual consoles will reset the screen back to normal.

Under pre4 and earlier I was experiencing machine hangs. This is
probably unrelated
to controlfb. Has not happened to date in pre5.

tom kennedy