PCI Detection/ programming / GPIB

Bernard Kozioziemski kozioziemski1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 8 04:31:36 EST 1999

Greets,
I've been running LinuxPPC for a few months now, but I want to become less
dependent on MacOS. I would really like to use LinuxPPC to run some data
collection software similar to what I have under MacOS.

I have a National Instruments PCI GPIB (IEE-488) card installed in my
PowerMac 9500. There is some work on the x86 front to support GPIB, so I
thought I'd start there. Unfortunately, the card is not found by linux when
booting. /proc/pci lists 3 devices: Apple Bandit, VGA compat controller
(grpahics card) and Apple Grand Central. I'm not sure where to start in
detecting this board, and I was wondering if someone on this list could
give me a few pointers to (beginner :) info, or example code. Thanks,

Bernie Kozioziemski

kozioziemski1 at llnl.gov
(925)424-6317