irq cleanup

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Tue Jan 5 16:33:15 EST 1999

Cort Dougan wrote:

> Right, that's the plan.
>
> }To support PCI or ISA devices that interrupt on the MBX
> }you would need to modify irq.c to support a multilevel interrupt
> }scheme.  The 8259 would interrupt on one of the 8xx interrupt
> }controller levels, then you would have to process all 8259
> }interrupts.

Are there other systems designed like this with a multilevel
interrupt controller?  It's not hard to imagine, although I have
never seen one before the MBX.  This is one reason I didn't
spend any effort when I did the iniitial port.  It seemed like
lots of work for a single board not likely to use them

    -- Dan