irq cleanup

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Tue Jan 5 12:48:40 EST 1999

Right, the winbond has a couple 8259's emulated on it.  They're routed to
irq 3 on the 8xx.

}I am a little confused by this.  I am travelling and don't have
}my books handy. and I remember the MBX uses the 8259
}interrupt controller to manage all PCI/ISA device interrupts.
}What I don't remember are the actual connections.  I believe
}the PCI interrupts are routed to the 8259, which is then
}routed to one of the 8xx external interrupts.

I think some devices can be routed through the qspan as well.  The docs I
have are not clear.

}The QSPAN interrupts are for things like PCI parity

Right, that's the plan.

}To support PCI or ISA devices that interrupt on the MBX
}you would need to modify irq.c to support a multilevel interrupt
}scheme.  The 8259 would interrupt on one of the 8xx interrupt
}controller levels, then you would have to process all 8259
}interrupts.