2.2.0pre2 SCSI problems, more (fwd)

Paul Mackerras paulus at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 5 09:45:30 EST 1999

> that's the SAME drive that aborts for me in 2.2.0p4. mine is also
> connected to mesh. my 2.1.30 identifies it as:
>
> Vendor: QUANTUM   Model: FIREBALL1280S     Rev: 630G
>
> i don't see it blacklisted. something just makes it want to abort now. the
> scary thing about this is this drive ships STANDARD in 1gig 7500's. that's
> a lot of computers that suddenly can't run linux.

I have a 7600 but it no longer has this disk in it (it's in another
machine).  Could somebody with a 7600 and this disk and the kernel
sources do the following: change drivers/scsi/mesh.c to #define
MESH_DBG and to initialize mesh_debug_targets to 1, and send me the
resulting debug log?

I may be able to take my fireball1280S out of the machine it's in if
we can't resolve the problem soon.

Paul.