fd_set & pre 5

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Sun Jan 3 04:43:22 EST 1999

Hello,

I'm sitting here for about five hours or more and I try to compile JX-1.1.18
from J. L. and others. I did the same job weeks before uner Linuxppc R4 with
success. Now I try it under pre -5 (version before X-mas 17.12.1998). Well, my
experiences are growing day by day but right now I feel lost in the forest.
My irritations are about the different includes. Where does it come from?

My problem is: error message by the compiler (egcs from pre 5 1.1.1xy (don't
know)) struct fd_set has no member fdbits. ! I   have two machines running
linuxppc, a PBG3 W with R4 kernel 2.1.130 and a PM 7200/ 90 with pre 5 and
kernel 2.1.131. On the PB I can find a definition for the struct fb_set. I put
in the the definition of struct fb_set in posix_types.h on the 7200, no
success.
Where can I get infos, hints about the different includes and places of the
necessary includes?

Thanks for every hint & a happy 99

Andreas