semaphore-helper.h

nsheeley at austin.rr.com nsheeley at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 25 09:34:23 EST 1999

I just checked out the current CVS from

:pserver:cvs at cvs.samba.org:/cvsroot

All seems well until I try to do a make:

make[2]: Entering directory `/local/src/CVS_kernel/linux/kernel'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/local/src/CVS_kernel/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -D__powerpc__ -fsigned-char -msoft-float -pipe -fno-builtin -ffixed-r2 -Wno-uninitialized -mmultiple -mstring   -fno-omit-frame-pointer -c -o sched.o sched.c
sched.c:39: asm/semaphore-helper.h: No such file or directory

Hmm.. only three arch's asm-includes have semaphore-helper.h
(i386, sparc, sparc64), but its not ifdef'ed in any way in
sched.c

So my question are:

	a.  Should I expect to be able to CVS checkout and
	    make a working kernel?  I am wondering about the stability
	    of the tree -- what's my percent chance that I won't have
	    to debug anything?

	b.  If yes to a., does anyone have a patch for the above problem.

Thanks.

Nate