egcs-1.1.1-1c bug (was Re: major ksyms problem)

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Wed Feb 24 08:15:02 EST 1999

Am Tue, 23 Feb 1999 schrieb Tom Vier:
>On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Franz Sirl wrote:
>
>> At 15:36 22.02.99 , Tom Vier wrote:
>> >
>> >it's an egcs bug. i think it's not aligning instructions properly, cuz
>> >i believe the 601 is more strict about alignment. is anyone having
>> >problems using bsd_comp.o, ppp_deflate.o, and hfs.o on a non-601
>> >machine built under pre-R5 (egcs-1.1.1-1c)?
>>
>> What makes you think that it is an egcs bug? I have no problems on 601
>> (7200/75) with any of the modules you listed. Are you sure you have the
>> latest modutils (2.1.121 or later) installed?
>
>it is an egcs bug. egcs-1.1.1-1c failss to build working bsd_comp.o,
>ppp_deflate.o, and hfs.o; egcs-1.0-2e.ppc.rpm builds it perfectly. i'm
>getting a newer build of egcs right now, to see if it's fixed.

What is the problem with these modules? Give a better description on what you
mean with "working"? They work perfectly for me with a self-compiled 2.2.1
kernel, and I compiled working modules with multiple kernel versions since the
egcs-1.1 alpha phase.
If your only problem is the "unhandled relocation type", install a newer
modutils package (>=2.1.121), that will fix it.

Franz.