I believe I found a bug in /arch/ppc/kernel/signal.c

Lauro Whately whately at cos.ufrj.br
Wed Feb 24 01:35:31 EST 1999

> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999, D.J. Barrow <barrow_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The bug manifested itself in tftp, when longjmp'ing out
> of the signal handler on timeouts.
>
> Resulting in....
> a )sys_sigreturn not get called
> b) signals queued & trampoline stuff on the user stack being trashed.
> c) SIGALRM being blocked forever.

Have you tried the sigsetjmp/siglongjmp ?
I've met a similar problem a month ago and found that POSIX.1 does not
specify the effect of setjmp and longjmp on signal masks (SVR4 does not save
and restore the signal mask under  setjmp/longjmp, however 4.3 BSD save and
restore the signal mask) Instead, two new functions sigsetjmp and siglongjmp
are defined by POSIX.1
Those new ones are working ok with linux 2.1.x releases (I've been using them
with linuxppc 2.1.112)
It seems that the behavior of sigsetjmp/siglongjmp was changed to the POSIX.1
specification around the release 2.1.112.

--
 Lauro Whately
 Parallel Computing Lab. / COPPE