I believe I found a bug in /arch/ppc/kernel/signal.c

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue Feb 23 05:53:04 EST 1999

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999, D.J. Barrow <barrow_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:

>The bug manifested itself in tftp, when longjmp'ing out
>of the signal handler on timeouts.
>
>Resulting in....
>a )sys_sigreturn not get called
>b) signals queued & trampoline stuff on the user stack being trashed.
>c) SIGALRM being blocked forever.

Note also that the people doing ShapeShifter (Mac runtime) told they are
having problem with alternate signal stacks. I didn't look very in depth
at the code, it looks like it's here but I didn't tested. I don't have
more details about their exact problem but if someone is going to look at
the signal stuffs, then think about eventually testing the alt stack.

(I think they need this because parts of MacOS ROM code will use R1 for
something else than stack, I love Apple ;-)

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>