Food for thought

Thomas Riemer triemer at apt4g.a3nyc.com
Thu Feb 18 15:38:21 EST 1999

hmmm... here's some food for thought...

Suppose it were possible to have a distributed source control system...

By distributed, I mean the particular interesting properties:

1.  checkins all happen on a small number of machines/users...
     delegated by tree... i.e.
          linux/include   -> vger
          linux/arch/mips -> ftp.linux.sgi.com
      etc...

2.  checkouts all happen on mirrored machines...

Would that solve the problem?

Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.