BootX and disk images: stop ?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Mon Feb 15 01:33:59 EST 1999

I have some work in progress on BootX (1.1aX) that involves support for
building a physical "map" of a disk image to give the kernel for booting.

I'm wondering if this is still interesting and If I should just throw
this code away since supporting it via a loop-device on kernel's HFS is a
better long-term solution and since HFS+ support is beeing worked on.

Basically, the goal of this code was to provide the kernel with a map of
the physical blocs used by the image along with some infos to locate the
device.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>