scsi hangs [drow at cs.cmu.edu: Re: CD-writers] (fwd)

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Fri Feb 12 05:43:29 EST 1999

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 05:54:38PM -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> i did a successful burn today! woohoo!
>
> cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 13164 times full, min fill was 92%.
>
> the solution was to move the hard drive with the data on it to the
> internal scsi bus on my 7500. the burner (a ricoh) is still on the
> 53c94.
>
> so... the 53c94 driver currently doesn't allow enough access to regular
> hard drives when you're using the generic device. i don't know how this
> relates to disconnect/reconnect or the scheduler.
>
> it isn't going to be an option for everybody to move their source drives
> to another bus but at least we know burning works in some configurations.

This is interesting - my failed burns were from internal HD to external
burner.  They do work now, though, with Paul's evil interrupt-disabling
patch to sd.c.  I couldn't track down why the interrupts were
incorrectly enabled...

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan at debian.org         |  |        drow at cs.cmu.edu         |