2.2.1 & serial ports

RTHEANDE rtheande at dscc.dk
Wed Feb 3 02:50:58 EST 1999

I've compiled a stock v2.2.1 kernel _without_ UNIX98 support so I don't
have a /proc/tty filesystem but I can't seem to access the serial ports
since the upgrade. In particular ppp won't dial out - it pickes up and
senses the carrier but thats it. It's almost as if the modem doesn't have
a dial tone (although it certainly does). Also minicom takes an age to
initialise and then pretty much refuses to talk to the modem.

     Are you running ppp as a module? If so, did you install the new
     modutils-2.1.121? I had same problem with ppp before installing the
     new modutils.

Has anybody got ppp to work with a v2.2 kernel?

     Certainly!

     Good luck,

     Robin.