matroxfb, anybody? (More details...)

Owen Waller O.Waller at ee.qub.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 02:04:55 EST 1999

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 1999, Owen Waller <O.Waller at ee.qub.ac.uk> wrote:
> >If I have two idential video boards in my Mac one "mac" specific which
> >shows up in the OF tree, and one that is x86 sourced and doesn't show up
> >under OF how can we initialise both boards correctly.
> It will not appear in OF as a display device and may not appear with a
> name, but are you sure it doesn't appear at all under it's generic
> pciXXXX,YYYY name ? (where XXXX is the vendorID and YYYY the deviceID).

well having checked this last night an x86 matrox board definatly doesn't
show up any where under /proc/device-tree. Theres no pciXXXX,YYYY type
listing. But the board is there /proc/pci.

So it looks like I have a similar situation to Geert, who also has a pci
board that doesn't show up under OF.

Cheers