EGCS upgrade?

Beecher Greenman rbg6038 at ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:35:53 EST 1999

I tried upgrading to EGCS 1.0.3 using the RPM on biggi.linuxppc.org. It
didn't work, so I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling with the
original RPM's, but that appears to have fried my libstdc++, which among
other things keeps Netscape from working. I'm trying to upgrade EGCS as
high as I can, since I want to try running Kernel 2.2.1 (anyone have a
prebuilt kernel out there, by any chance?)

Compiiling from the Cygnus sources for 1.1.1 didn't seem to work; there
were more than a few errors when I tried (and that's really a shame; I
was reading that 750 support was just added and I wanted to try that one
out).

Anyway, what's the best way to upgrade my EGCS installation past the 1.0
on biggi? For that matter, where can I find another copy of libstdc++; I
didn't see any RPM's on biggi that might have it. Thanks!

-Beecher Greenman