LinuxPPC on MVME 2306 board

Matt Porter mmporter at home.com
Tue Feb 2 05:34:29 EST 1999

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> > As I understand from some messages in this list, several people have
> > been able to run LinuxPPC on such boards.
>
> At least simliar ones, I don't remember exactly what the 230x has. But as
> long as it has a DEC21x4x Ethernet, there should not be any problem...

One note: there is a problem with DEC21143 support in the current de4x5
driver that causes the MVME2300sc and 2400 to crash on driver init.  I'm
still chasing this...These are these only MVME boards with major problems
under Linux (unless you don't build in Ethernet support).

--
Matt Porter
mmporter at home.com
Unix is a Linux-like operating system.