ppp not working w/ kernel 2.3.29

unit at panix.com unit at panix.com
Fri Dec 3 14:14:44 EST 1999

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, jingai wrote:

> Well, I've finally got a 2.3 kernel up and running, and thanks to Ira, my USB
> mouse now works as well.  But, I've got one last problem:  ppp isn't working.
> pppd claims that I don't have kernel support for PPP, but it is definitely compiled
> in (or, at least, it is enabled in the .config file).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?  Do I need to update pppd perhaps?  Or is
> there just a specific combination of (possibly unrelated) options that need to be
> enabled for PPP to work in 2.3.29 (Paul's unstable tree)?

jingai ..

i had the exact same problem with 2.3.22 (with ajoshi's patche) a while
back .. what the problem is i can't say .. however i am (as of this past
20 minutes) running pppd on pauls 2.3.29 .. prehaps yr right regarding ppp
as i had updated ppp just recently (see the rpm in ftp.linuxppc.org/contrib)

hope this is of some help

cal-s