ppp not working w/ kernel 2.3.29

jingai jingai at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 16:07:54 EST 1999

Well, I've finally got a 2.3 kernel up and running, and thanks to Ira, my USB
mouse now works as well.  But, I've got one last problem:  ppp isn't working.
pppd claims that I don't have kernel support for PPP, but it is definitely compiled
in (or, at least, it is enabled in the .config file).

Has anyone else experienced this?  Do I need to update pppd perhaps?  Or is
there just a specific combination of (possibly unrelated) options that need to be
enabled for PPP to work in 2.3.29 (Paul's unstable tree)?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Jonathan