PPC Compiler Problem?

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Thu Dec 2 03:47:43 EST 1999

>>>>> "Alois" == Alois Fertl <alois_fertl at muenchen.europe.mcd.mot.com> writes:

Alois> Given the following lines of C, I'd expect that the 4th argument
Alois> is placed into register 6 and 7. As the assembler listing tells,
Alois> register 6 is omitted and the argument goes into r7/r8.

I indeed checked the "PowerPC Processor ABI Supplement" dated September 95
(SVR4 PowerPC ABI) and on 3-18 I see :

For PowerPC, up to eight words are passed in general purpose registers, loaded
sequentially into general purpose registers r3 through r10.

It is clear that this breaks the SVR4 ABI... So you can probably open a bug
report...

The PPC EABI does not differ on that aspect... If someone can point me
to the last spec if I'm wrong...

--
   __
  /  `                   	Eric Valette