bug in l2cr status display?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Aug 28 06:28:24 EST 1999

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999, Marc Dietrich <Marc.Dietrich at hrz.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

>It seems to me, that the L2CR programming is implemented but disabled in
>current kernel version. The L2CR=xxxxxxx doesn't work for me.

We didn't add the call to setup_l2cr when merging 2.2 with Linus to avoid
changing non-arch stuffs late during the merge, things were already
complicated enough. In the meantime, I used a different solution via a
property stuck by BootX in the device tree, but this is really broken in
several ways, and we should put back the l2cr=xxxx option once for all now.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>