bug in l2cr status display?

Marc Dietrich Marc.Dietrich at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Fri Aug 27 23:09:41 EST 1999

Hello out there,

I've downloaded the 750 PDF Manuel and to Bit #9 (L2DO) it says:
"L2 Data-only. Setting this bit enables data-only operation in the L2
cache..."                                    ^^^^
So setting this bit disables instruction caching therefore it should'nt be
set on bootup.

It seems to me, that the L2CR programming is implemented but disabled in
current kernel version. The L2CR=xxxxxxx doesn't work for me.

By the way, it seems that Motola (or IBM) uses different cache chips on
the 750 CPU - one with 0.5 and one with 1.0 ns timings. 0.5 ns are the
common used chips while mine has a 1.0ns timing. This causes the
PowerLogix Cache Control to crash my Mac. Has anyone expiriances on this?
How has this been to recocnice in the kernel boot-up?

Marc