Xfree86 support for Voodoo 3 acceleration

Peter Chang weasel at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 28 06:18:55 EST 1999

At 11:45 -0600 08.27.1999, Stephen Edie wrote:
>Is the full source code to the driver available?  Or is it written using
>the Glide libraries?

glide is 3d only, and would probably use some sort of ioctl to talk
to this driver to get board mappings etc. At least, this is how we
did it on mac/w32 platforms.

Anyway, the 2d core is basically separate from 3d so this driver
should probably 'just work'. Does anyone know if it uses the full 2d
core, or the open spec that 3dfx was going to release?

\p

---
We all enter this world in the same way:
naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of
thing doesn't have to stop there. -- Dana Gould