Xfree86 support for Voodoo 3 acceleration

Stephen Edie sedie at terraplex.com
Sat Aug 28 03:45:30 EST 1999

Is the full source code to the driver available?  Or is it written using
the Glide libraries?  If it is written using Glide, than it will be
necessary to contact 3dfx and get Glide ported to PPC Linux before it can
be ported.  Otherwise, it's entirely possible.  :)

Stephen

>Hi,
>
>After looking at www.xfree86.org and the source for Xfree-3.3.4,
>it seems that support for the Voodoo 3 card's 2-d acceleration
>is already in Xfree86!  But, (and I'm just guessing here, I do a lot
>of programming but none of it is system or GUI programming)
>this support appears to run only on x86 systems currently.  There doesn't
>appear to be any asm code or anything, though, so shouldn't it be
>possible to port this to the linuxppc side of things?

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com