USB 1.16 support?

Hollis R Blanchard hollis+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 24 10:34:45 EST 1999

I think the new (333 MHz) iMacs and new B&W G3's are being shipped with
keyboards and/or mice that require USB 1.16, and current Linux support is at
1.10. Could someone confirm this is the case?

I read a while ago about someone who disabled the version checking code in the
USB stack and got a 1.16 device or two to work. Can anyone comment on that?
Is that approach generally valid, at least until 1.16 support is there? And is
1.16 that much different from 1.10 to make it incompatible?

-Hollis