PATCH: Extra brightness off with the XClaim 3D Plus

Mike Lambert lambert at jeol.com
Tue Aug 17 22:37:18 EST 1999

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Mike Lambert wrote:

> > Thanks Rick, this works as advertised. The XClaim 3D Plus in my B+W G3 400
> > now works properly. Well, except for the mild snow down the left side of
> > the display, but that is a different problem...
>
> Does the B+W G3 400 really has a RAGE LT PRO? I thought that chip was meant for
> laptops.

In order to use atyfb, I removed the OEM ATI RAGE 128 PCI card from a B+W
G3 400 and installed an ATI XClaim 3D Plus PCI card, which does in fact
use the RAGE LT PRO chip.

However, I see Anthony Tong has released a atyfb patch with RAGE 128
support (Thanks Anthony!), so I think I will be putting the OEM card
back in very soon now.
:-)

Regards,

--
Michael Lambert             JEOL USA Inc.
Systems Administration      http://www.jeol.com/