[linux-fbdev] Re: readl() and friends and eieio on PPC

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch
Sun Aug 15 05:48:05 EST 1999

>>>>> "David" == David A Gatwood <dgatwood at mvista.com> writes:

David> On 14 Aug 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote: #define eieio() __asm__
David> volatile("li 0,0: cmpwi 0,0; bne+ 0f; eieio; 0:" : : : "0")
>>  Defininf a C function with the name of a PPC specific assembler
>> function is pretty stupid. To the best of my knowledge wmb() is the
>> generic name for the thing you are looking for.

David> Keep in mind, I'm talking about MkLinux, _not_ LinuxPPC.  wmb()
David> is a linux-specific term, as far as I know.  The above is in
David> mach.

Urgh

Ok we were discussing the normal kernel here.

Jes