HFS+ support?

Brian Kidder b.kidder at ericsson.com
Wed Aug 11 09:51:58 EST 1999

I know Apple's new HFS+ (aka HFS Extended) filesystem isn't currently
supported in 2.2 (and apparently 2.3).  However, I've been able to
find essentially zero information about HFS+ for Linux other than that.

Are there current efforts to make this filesystem available?  If so,
where can I find more information and possibly assist?  If not, what's
the right way to start such an effort?

I currently have a PowerBook running linuxppc-1999, and would very
much like to gain access to the Mac-side of the drive (no, going back
to HFS isn't the right answer).  I am not that familiar with the
filesystem guts of linux or the HFS module, but I'm very willing to
dive in and try.

Thanks for your help, and continuing efforts to make linux great,
-Brian Kidder