Assembler Error

Gary Thomas gdt at linuxppc.org
Sun Apr 18 06:48:12 EST 1999

On 17-Apr-99 Josh Hudson wrote:

> When I try to compile big codes with lots of lines I get this:
>
> /tmp/cca00758.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cca00758.s:40303: Error: Bad expression
> /tmp/cca00758.s:40303: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored
> character is `M'.
> make: *** [act_comm.o] Error 1
>

> Can anyone help me fix this problem???

Which version of the compiler/binutils?  You can get this via:
  rpm -qif `which cc`
  rpm -qif `which as`

Can you provide example code with a repeatable failing case?

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |