Snooping serial ports in MacOS

Brad Boyer flar at cegt201.bradley.edu
Sat Apr 17 11:50:22 EST 1999

Does anyone know of a good way to watch the settings and/or the data
being passed through a serial port while in the MacOS?  I have a
Personal Laserwriter 300 which I am attempting to use under Linux, but
I don't really have much to start from, other than the fact that it is
a "Quickdraw Printer" like the Stylewriter line.  However, I tried to
use lpstyl to talk to it, and it can't talk to the printer at all.
Thanks for any help you can give.  Also, if anyone else has one of
these things and would like to help in any way, it would be
appreciated.

	     Brad Boyer
	     flar at cegt201.bradley.edu