LinuxPPC: Which kernel source for MPC860 ?

David A. Gatwood marsmail at globegate.utm.edu
Fri Apr 16 01:15:47 EST 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Brendan Simon wrote:

> I assume I need a C library.  Which C library is the best for my
> purposes ?  Lib5 or Lib6 ?  Do I need both ?

As a general rule, un*x kernel sources are self-contained, i.e. all
necessary library sources are included in the kernel source itself, partly
because it has to be statically linked, and partly to prevent bugs caused
by people compiling with a version of libc or whatever that doesn't match
the kernel sources.  You _might_ need some header files for types or
something (I'm not sure), but other than that....

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
dgatwood at globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624