[Patch] linuxppc gnuplot segfaults in save

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Thu Apr 15 22:28:30 EST 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Franz Sirl wrote:

> The problem could be egcs, there's a known varargs bug on PPC, which
> happens as soon you have more than 8-10 args. There's a testcase for this
> in the egcs testsuite, gcc.c-torture/execute/980608-1.c, which still fails
> in the development sources. I hope this will be resolved for egcs-1.2 if
> the rewrite of the function epilogue/prologue to use RTL makes it in time...

Is it related to alignment ? I've already been bitten by the fact that
some alignment constraint has changed between versions of egcs: now
doubles and long long are aligned on a 4 byte boundary when they are
passed in the memory area, earlier versions enforced 8 byte alignment in
these cases AFAIR.

That's the kind of changes I positively hate :-(

	Gabriel.