[Patch] linuxppc gnuplot segfaults in save

Tom Rini tmrini at ntplx.net
Thu Apr 15 09:13:02 EST 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Martin Costabel wrote:

> I think I sent this already to the LinuxPPC developers some time ago,
> but I had a look into the latest gnuplot-3.7-2.ppc.rpm, and the bug is
> still there:

Whoops.  Lost along the line.  Checked into CVS now, and may or may not
make it into the upcoming beta. (might be another full build in time,
might not).

> In principle, it would be nice if this were included in the gnuplot
> sources, but since it seems to be a ppc specific problem, it would be
> sufficient to include the patch in the gnuplot-3.7-x.src.rpm for
> LinuxPPC (Tom?).

Hmm.  I don't use gnuplot (and thus didn't see the bug and don't have the
source handy), so if any x86/Linux users with glibc 2.1.x installed could
see if they run into the bug..

> Or could someone find out what's wrong with the fprintf function in
> LinuPPC? Note that this is not specific for one version of glibc. I
> tried it on several from glibc-961212 to glibc-2.1.1-3a. Same result.

It failed under the old libs?

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/