quik vs. bootx

Dave Weis djweis at plconline.com
Wed Apr 14 06:57:32 EST 1999

> BootX is not meant to _replace_ quik. Since OF is not working well enough
> on a lot of Macs, BootX may be your only choice, but if quik works for
> you and you like it, then use it, it's hopefully still working. OF
> booting is better from a "theorical" point of view ;-)

I installed the most current version of linuxppc a few weeks ago on a
7300/200. BootX 1.0b6 would just freeze with macos on the screen when I
would try to boot from a scsi device. I did install quik during the
install. it does work if i have the floppy in and pass root= and noinitrd.

dave

--
David Weis                | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322
djweis at plconline.com      | Voice 515-278-0133 Ext 231

When they took the Fourth Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the Sixth Amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the Second Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the First Amendment and I can't say anything.